JavocSoft Android Toolbox – Monthly Update (24-11-2015)
After a few weeks i have acumulated changes that fix a few things and improve a bit the library JavocSoft Android Toolbox. From now i will wait until i have enough changes before upgrading it. In this update there are changes related to location service, SQLite module and fixes to the ToolBox itsef. Below the list of changes:
- Lately I have been using notification button actions in some applications and I realized that the method I had for it it wasn’t very good because I still had to code a bit. Because of this, I created a new method “notification_createActionButton()”. Now you only need to pass some arguments and do not need to code nothing to get the action. Remenber that notification buttons are available since Android 4.1+ (compatibility classes are used anyway). Now is really very easy to create notification action buttons 🙂
- If you get in an application this message in the logcat:
“Choreographer(abc): Skipped xx frames! The application may be doing too much work on its main thread.”
You have a problem that need to be solved because it can be a perfomance problem in your app, you may be doing to much work in the main application UI thread.
To help solving it, there is a new method “” that enables Android StrictMode warning logs and appropiate actions so you can locate the source code responsible of the bad perfomance.
- There is also a new method “threadIsMainApplicationUIThread()” that returns TRUE if the current thread is the main application UI thread.
- DBHelper. Added update methods “updateWhere()”.
- SQLite. Fixed a bug in DBSQLite in the method “onUpgrade()”. The bug made updates to do not be done.
- Location Service:
- Now logs only are printed if the debug mode is ON.
- Now location updates are discarded if is the same location or if the distance between location (appbox amazonapps using Haversine formula) is minor than the minimal distance threshold.
I hope this changes help you a bit more using JavocSoft Android Toolbox 🙂
Do not forget to check the blog to get more updates!
More info and HowTo at https://github.com/javocsoft/javocsoft-toolbox/wiki.
As always, library is available on GitHub